Do you struggle with reaching your goals?
Maintaining focus and continually working on your goals may be part of the reason why it’s so difficult to achieve them. Many of us blame distractions such as work, family, or technology and say that’s the reason why we have a hard time concentrating on our goals.
Despite our best intentions and efforts, it can be challenging to stay on track!
One study at the University of Hertfordshire found that nearly 50% of people make a New Year’s resolution that includes a meaningful goal, but over 78% of people will fail to maintain their focus to achieve that goal.
While these are daunting statistics, the good news is that there are a few simple measures that you can take to help you stay focused and make significant progress.
Stay focused on your goals with these strategies the next time you’re feeling distracted:
- Narrow your list. If you’re trying to work on more than one goal, or you have a long to-do list, it can be difficult to find enough focus to achieve your goals. Instead of trying to focus on too many goals, narrow it down to 1-3 goals that you hope to achieve within the month or the year which will ensure that you aren’t spreading yourself too thin and lose your motivation.
- Break down each of your major goals. You’ll feel less overwhelmed when you break up a large goal into a series of smaller steps with specific, achievable tasks. This will make all of your goals that much easier!
- As you accomplish each step, maintain your momentum and enthusiasm for achieving your goal by celebrating your success.
- Ask friends to hold you accountable. Find one or more friends that you can share your experiences with as you work towards your goal. Ideally, this person will be someone who can encourage you when obstacles arise and celebrate your successes with you along the way.
- When you have your accountability buddy, you’re no longer on journey alone. You’re less likely to allow yourself to lose focus and become distracted when you have someone who’s encouraging you.
- Record and document your process. Start a journal and write about your experience as you pursue your goal. Writing down your thoughts is a great way to maintain your motivation to the end. You can also use 4WRD to record your goals and track your progress!
- Create either a physical or virtual goal board. Similar to a vision board, your goal board can be a visual reminder of why you created a particular goal in the first place. Take a poster board, bulletin board, or electronic platform, and fill it with pictures, words, and other images that help you maintain your enthusiasm and focus.
- A goal board also makes it easier to visualize how you’ll feel once your goal is complete. In effect, it gets your subconscious mind to visualize your journey and your success. You want your entire psyche working with you to achieve your goal.
It takes hard work and consistent effort to achieve major goals. And we know that’s not easy! 4WRD makes maintaining focus and achieving your goals easy, while also making your goal journey fun! Even the most challenging goals should have an element of fun, otherwise why are you wanting to achieve that goal in the first place? With 4WRD, you can join a community of goal-achievers to help you stay focused, accountable, and excited about all of the goals you want to achieve.
Are you having trouble staying focused?
We know it can be difficult to focus on your goals, that’s why we created 4WRD. With built in timelines, deadlines, accountability, and daily reminders to keep up your progress, you too can accomplish your goals on YOUR terms. Join us today!
4WRD is a great place to make sure you’re focused on your goals.
with 4WRD, you can trust you’ll stay on track. Using 4WRD can help you determine your key actions, several ways to stay accountable, and so much more!