If you’re looking for a way to reach goals faster, a vision board can be a great visual tool for inspiring, motivating, and encouraging you each day.
One of the most challenging parts of achieving goals is sticking with them. It’s easy to become distracted, lose hope, or even forget about them.
A vision board is a way to overcome these challenges when you want to reach goals faster.
Regular use of a vision board keeps your goals fresh in your mind. Using a vision board also associates positive feelings with the achievement of your goals and allows you to get creative.
Nearly anything can serve as a vision board. Ideally, your vision board will be portable enough to carry with you. Then you can use it at any time. Poster board, cardboard, a notebook or even a spare wall can suffice.
Create a vision board that works for achieving goals:
- Think about your goals. What type of vision board makes the most sense for your goals? Do you work from home? Maybe use a cork board or part of your wall. Do you go into the office? Keep a vision board at work and one in your notebook. Get creative with it!
- Locate images that depict or symbolize the future you’d like to achieve. There are plenty of sources for images: photographs, magazines, the internet, and more.
- Find pictures that best represent the goals you wish to achieve. If you’re striving for a new car, find the exact model and color. When you look at the photo, you should get the same feeling you get when you think about the goal.
- Choose the best words to go on your vision board. A suitable word may just be a descriptor of your goal – like the name of the car. But you should also consider how you’ll feel when the goal is achieved: “Excited,” “Grateful,” “Proud.” What qualities will you need to achieve these goals? “Committed,” “Powerful,” or maybe “Optimistic.”
- Mount the words and photos on your vision board. Get out your scissors, glue, or tape. Arrange everything in a way that pleases you.
Using your vision board is just as important as creating it:
- Keep your vision board where you’ll see it at least twice each day. Whether this is in your office, on your nightstand or in a notebook you use everyday. You’ll see it in the morning and at night.
- Set your intentions in the morning. Using your vision board in the morning can set the tone for the rest of your day. Reminding yourself of your goals each morning will point your brain in the right direction. You’ll see opportunities to help make your dreams come true. It’s then your job to seize those opportunities. Look at each word and picture on the board. Take your time and visualize having those things in your life.
- Reflect on your day each evening. Think about how you worked on your goals today. What could you do tomorrow? Your brain is also highly active while you sleep. Your brain spends all night churning away, trying to find solutions to your requests. Give your brain the information it needs. Look at the items on your vision board and imagine possessing them before you go to bed. Experience how that feels. Part of your brain will spend all night trying to make your vision board a reality.
4WRD allows you to attach images as banners to all of your goals.
Create a vision board or take a picture of your vision board in your home or notebook and attach it to your goal! That way you’ll feel inspired and motivated while you make progress and complete your action plans! 4WRD is the perfect place to keep your vision board!
Create a vision board and use it twice every day. Keep your goals fresh in your mind and watch your progress grow!